1.Participation, Division II – Singapore Secondary Schools Debate Championships 2009-2014
2. Champion, Secondary 3 School Debatefest 2013 organised by Sengkang Secondary School
3. Participation, Raffles U-14 Championships
4. Participation – NUS Policy Debate Series 2010 and 2012.
5. Organiser, NCHS Debate Invitational Competition (2013, 2014)
Highlight(s) of Activities
- Singapore Secondary Schools Debate Championships
- NUS Policy Debate Series
- Raffles U-14 Championships
- NCHS Mini-Debate Invitational Competition
- Inter-School Friendly Competitions
Only recently becoming a core CCA, the Debate family is slowly, but surely, growing in strength, and numbers. The current Debate team is a fraternity that has weathered rough patches, but has also shared victories. The members share a strong bond that extends beyond the CCA.
The Debate team believes in providing opportunities. We believe that interest and passion outweigh expertise, and we welcome all students who are looking for a warm and familial environment where they can develop their love for debates, grow into confident speakers, or even just to get to know some of the friendliest and wittiest students in the school.
- To help students to develop a greater understanding of self and others
- To develop self-discipline, self-motivation and self-confidence
- To encourage students to be critical thinkers
- To develop students’ confidence in public speaking