- 2007: Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging for Choir – Gold Award
- 2007: 21st Century International Choral Festival – Most Outstanding Choir Award and Gold Award
- 2009: Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging for Choir – Gold Award
- 2010: Winter Choral Festival in Hong Kong – Gold Awar
- 2011: Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging for Choir – Gold Award
- 2013:Singapore Youth Festival Art Presentation 2013 – Certificate of Distinction
- 2015: Singapore Youth Festival Art Presentation – Certificate of Distinction
- 2017: Singapore Youth Festival Art Presentation – Certificate of Distinction
Highlight(s) of Activities
- 2010: Charity Concert – “Sing for Japan”
- 2012: School Musical – “Equilibrium”
- 2012: Choir Concert – “Music from the Heart”
- 2013: Live @ The Outdoor Theatre Arts Presentation
- 2013: Fundraising performance – “Sengkang West Angel Night”
- 2014: NCHS Arts Festival
- 2016: Auf Flügeln des Gesanges “On Wings of Song” Combined Schools Choir Concert
- 2016: FOCUS (Public Performance @ Anchorvale CC)
The NCHS Choir was formed in 2001 with a vision of developing students with the passion for choral singing while, at the same time, provide a platform to discover students’ music capability. Today, the NCHS Choir with 57 members stands firm in her belief in raising the standards of singing and has since embarked on a rich and eventful journey.
The Choir has been actively participating in school and public performances such as the Annual Speech Day, Biannual Arts Festival, as well as the school musical – “Equilibrium”. The Choir has also participated in overseas competitions and clinched Gold Awards in the 21st Century International Choral Festival cum Competition 2007 and Winter Choral Festival 2010. Locally, the Choir has been awarded Gold and Certificate of Distinction for Singapore Youth Festival since 2007.
Under the baton of our Choral Director, Mr. Benedict Goh, we aspire to take the choir to greater heights!
- To develop a passion for choral singing
- To further develop the students’ music capability
- To provide opportunties for students to showcase their performing talent