1. Certificate of Accomplishment – SYF 2021 Central Judging of Drama
2. Certificate of Accomplishment – SYF 2019 Central Judging of Drama
3. Certificate of Distinction – SYF 2017 Central Judging of Drama
4. Certificate of Distinction – SYF 2015 Central Judging of Drama
5. Certificate of Accomplishment – SYF 2013 Central Judging of Drama
6. Gold with Honours Award – SYF 2011 Central Judging of Drama
Highlight(s) of Activities
1. Annual Graduation Ceremony
2. Biennial Singapore Youth Festival Art Presentation
3. Biennial Human Values Drama Festival
4. Annual Drama External Theatre Experience (as audience)
5. Annual Year-end Camp/Workshop
In English Drama, students will have the opportunity to present and showcase their skills in the art form through school-based or external performances. In addition, senior students will be able to demonstrate their skills to coach the junior students.
Through post-performance reflections or responding to a skit, students will exercise critical thinking, reflect on the elements of the performance observed and apply their acquired skilla nd knowledge to improve a short piece to express their thoughts, feelings and ideas.
Through props and costume making, students will be able to relate aesthetically and cognitively to the contexts of the art work.
Through improvisation and script-writing, students will explore and experiment multiple perspectives, reassess personal attitudes towards the different themes and incorporate feedback and responses from peers and teachers in order to refine a performance.
English Drama aims to provide students with opportunities to:
• Develop confidence and demonstrate artistic techniques to express themselves through Drama.
• Explore and be able to empathise with the way people think, feel and communicate.
• Foster friendships and develop collaborative skills while working to achieve common goals.
• Appreciate rich culture and heritage of a multi-racial society.