Student Librarians in NLB’s School Reading Ambassador Training
Student Librarians At NLB KidsREAD Training in Compassvale Secondary
Highlight(s) of Activities
- In-house training of student librarians
- Annual Library Camp
- Book/media resource purchasing activity
- Workshops (subjected to availability and demand)
- Movie screening
Warming up & stretching exercises, drills on footwork & badminton strokes, agility training, friendly matches and ending with 2.4km run.
Common librarian duties include:
- Book Management
- Loan counter Management
- Organisation and promotion of the library, its programmes and activities for the student body
- Media Resource Room Management
- General up-keeping of the library
- There are 3 main committees for student librarians to choose from and each committee is in charge of specific areas:
- Reading Committee (book reviews and promotion of books)
- Activities Committee (movies, quizzes and events)
- Publicity Committee (promotions, decoration and displays)
- The Library Club is involved in the Community Involvement Programme held by the National Library Board, kidsREAD, in which our librarians visit a primary school and read to the lower primary students to expose them to more books and help them to develop a love for reading from a young age.
- We also pick out books which we find to have value in them, and donate these books to the less privileged.