The following Table Tennis CCA students has participated in 2nd-Tier North Zone Table Tennis Competition on 1st June 2017 and achieved the following awards .
C Division Boys Team 1 – 4th place (Premier)
C Division Girls Team 1 – 1st place (Zonal)
C Division Girls Team 2 – 3rd place (Zonal)
B Division Boys Team 1 – 2nd place (Premier)
B Division Girls Team 1 – 3rd place (Zonal)
In addition to the achievements mentioned in the earlier email, medals had been given to students who has exhibited good attributes during the competition.
1) Intentness – Chan Hian Yong Deron (1D)
2) Enthusiasm – Tan Zi Ying (1B)
3) Self-control – Wong Jun Hoe Brian (3D)
4) Team spirit (Doubles pair) – Keith Lim (3I) and Wong Jia Kai Benjamin (4B)
Highlight(s) of Activities
- Students can choose to participate in a wide range of diverse and meaningful activities:
- North Zone Inter-School Competitions
- Intra-School / Friendly Matches
- Umpiring at external Table Tennis events
- VIA projects
- Our table tennis teams continue to put in their best efforts when participating in intense competitions at the Zonal levels. The coaches and players enjoy a close working relationship which makes every training session tough but enjoyable.
- Members of the CCA are nurtured both physically and mentally to fulfil their potential.
- Members are dedicated and enthusiastic towards the game, and have excellent discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship
- To cultivate a sense of appreciation and passion for sports in general and table tennis in particular, supporting a vibrant sports culture.
- To build character rooted in sound moral values like sportsmanship, and instilling a sense of discipline and responsibility.
- To develop leadership qualities, nurturing resilient and confident individuals as they compete in intra and inter school games competition.